Fiberglass insulation is one of the most popular ways to keep your home warm. Since it's inexpensive, easy to find, and very dense, you can't go wrong with padding your walls. However, it's very squishy, so you might be a little confused about how to cut it. This is a very abrasive material that requires a sharp blade and some safety gear such as a dust mask and glasses. However, with some basic techniques, you can cut insulation board safely and efficiently.
Measuring insulating materials
Choose a piece of plywood that is at least as wide as the fiberglass board. Place it on a flat surface so there is enough room to spread out the fiberglass. The plywood doesn't have to be too big, just make sure it fits underneath the part you're cutting. [
Choose a sturdy piece of material, such as a piece of old plywood
You can put plywood on the floor for protection.
Avoid cutting bare surfaces such as concrete.
Wear cut-resistant gloves and other protective clothing. Fiberglass insulation is skin irritating, wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Then, put on gloves, and some also wear disposable coveralls to prevent the insulation from spreading onto their clothing.
If part of your skin is exposed, apply some baby powder on it. The powder prevents glass shards in the insulation from sticking to the skin.
Wear a dust mask and safety glasses for protection. A regular N95 cloth dust mask will do just fine, if the mask you're using doesn't cover your eyes, buy separate glasses. Wear safety gear whenever cutting insulation.
The dust released by the insulation is harmful and can aggravate breathing problems such as asthma.
If you can, work outside so that dust doesn't settle in your home.
Unroll the insulating paper face down. Fiberglass insulation is rolled into a roll. Place the roll over the edge of the plywood. Then, push it through the plywood. Spread out just enough to make the cut you want to make.
Most insulation has a paper backing on one side. It's usually easier to cut the paper last, and the backing keeps the insulation clean when you unroll it.
Use a tape measure to determine where you will cut the insulation. Start by measuring where you plan to install the insulation. Plan to cut the insulation 1 inch (2.5 cm) larger than the insulation on all sides. Because fiberglass insulation is flexible, it can be tucked into tight places. The extra length will help it stay in place.
Mark the measurements on the insulator with a permanent marker. Use a tape measure to transfer the measurement to the insulator. Measure along both sides of the insulation, making small marks to indicate where you plan to cut.
If you roughly cut the insulation to approximate size, you don't need to take any additional measurements. If your goal is a precise cut, you can use a piece of sawdust to make a straight cut in most cases.
Glass wool is a plate-shaped product that is processed by centrifuging molten glass into fibers and solidified by adding an environmentally friendly formula binder based on thermosetting resins. The slender glass fiber has a low thermal conductivity and can trap air well, thereby playing the role of thermal insulation, sound absorption and noise reduction, and safety protection. The glass wool board series has the characteristics of tight and firm material, smooth surface and strong pressure resistance, and the appearance is more crisp and beautiful after installation.
Glass wool can be mainly used in: roof insulation, cold insulation, sound-absorbing materials; building insulation, cold insulation; entertainment venues, theaters, TV stations, radio stations, laboratories, sound-absorbing treatment; air-conditioning pipeline freezing and heat insulation of refrigerated warehouses.
It can be processed into glass wool felt according to actual needs, saving space, reducing costs and avoiding unnecessary waste.
The sound absorption characteristics of centrifugal glass wool are not only related to thickness and bulk density, but also related to factors such as cover material and structural structure. In construction applications, it is also necessary to take into account many aspects such as cost, appearance, fire prevention, moisture resistance, dust resistance, and aging resistance.
In large spaces such as gymnasiums and workshops, in order to absorb and reduce noise, sound-absorbing bodies with centrifugal glass wool as the main sound-absorbing material are often used. Sound-absorbing bodies can be made into plates, columns, cones or other special-shaped bodies according to requirements. , The sound-absorbing body is filled with centrifugal glass wool, and the surface is wrapped with a sound-transmitting surface layer. Since the sound-absorbing body has multiple surfaces for sound absorption, the sound absorption efficiency is very high.
In the road noise barrier, in order to prevent noise reflection, it is necessary to take sound absorption measures on the side facing the vehicle, and centrifugal glass wool is often used as the filling material, and the surface layer is a barrier plate made of perforated metal plate. In order to prevent glass wool from absorbing water and getting damp outdoors, it is sometimes wrapped with PVC or plastic film.
Please contact fiberglass@njefg if necessary.fiberglass
Fiberglass is not made of glass.
Glass fiber is made of pyrophyllite, quartz sand, limestone, dolomite, boronite, and boronite as raw materials through high-temperature melting, wire drawing, winding, weaving and other processes. Its main components are silica, alumina, calcium oxide, boron oxide, magnesium oxide, sodium oxide, etc. According to the alkali content in the glass, it can be divided into alkali-free glass fibers (0% to 2% sodium oxide, which belongs to aluminum Borosilicate glass), medium-alkali glass fiber (sodium oxide 8% to 12%, which belongs to boron-containing or boron-free soda-lime silicate glass) and high-alkali glass fiber (more than 13% sodium oxide, which belongs to soda-calcium silicate glass) silicate glass).
Fiberglass is an inorganic non-metallic material with excellent performance. There are many kinds. Its advantages are good insulation, strong heat resistance, good corrosion resistance and high mechanical strength. Difference. The diameter of its monofilament is several microns to more than 20 microns, which is equivalent to 1/20-1/5 of a hair, and each bundle of fiber precursors is composed of hundreds or even thousands of monofilaments. The glass fiber is often used as reinforcing material of composite material, electrical insulation and heat insulation materials, substrate and other national economy fields.
Glass fiber is an organic substance, which itself is not harmful to the human body. But fine fiberglass dust is breathed into a person's lungs. Because glass cannot be absorbed and decomposed at all, it will form deposits for a long time, which will cause occupational diseases similar to silicosis. Although the damage is not fatal, it will affect people's respiratory function. Contact dermatitis often occurs in glass fiber workers, and a few people Skin sensitization occurs, but the fibers themselves have not been proven to be allergens so far.
If it's just pure skin contact, there are generally no other problems, the main reason is that it irritates the skin to a certain extent.
The opposite of Glass fiber is an inorganic non-metallic material with excellent performance. There are many kinds. The advantages are good insulation, strong heat resistance, good corrosion resistance and high mechanical strength, but the disadvantages are brittleness and poor wear resistance. It is made of glass balls or waste glass through high-temperature melting, wire drawing, winding, weaving and other processes. The glass fiber is often used as reinforcing material of composite material, electrical insulation and heat insulation materials, substrate and other national economy fields.
Our company has been engaged in the glass fiber industry for more than ten years, and has rich experience and high-quality products. Welcome to contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiberglass is a glass material similar to the glass we have in our windows or the glass we drink our favorite slush in. But the best part about glass fiber is that it's durable, it's less brittle, it's very strong, and it's lightweight.
Starting it off with the manufacturing of fiberglass fleece, glass is heated up till the point that it starts to melt and is molten. It is then further on forced through superfine holes. This, in turn, gives us glass filaments that are very thin, thin to the extent that they are measured in microns. Interesting enough! This point is the fundamental base for how the fiberglass veil caters to such a diversified set of uses. These filament threads are flexible and can be molded into various complex shapes for many different applications.
Let us have a glimpse into the applications of glass fiber mats in various sectors of society.
Understanding how Fibre de Verre is durable, exceptionally safe, and offers high thermal insulation, fiberglass filter tissue is a widely preferred material in all industries. The main plus point is that apart from being an excellent insulation material, it is very cost-efficient. Here is its use in different sectors:
- Surface treatment of FRP products. In our daily life, you are using Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) products anywhere: Body of metro, car parts, Medical instruments, boats, furniture, structure parts of buildings and industrial projects, FRP pipes...... Do you know why the surface of these FRP products are perfectly even and smooth ? Fiberglass surface tissue is used as the surface material of these FPR products are the key reason.
- PVC floor and Carpet: Fiberglass Tissue have a large scale of application in the field of decoration. Fiberglass floor tissue and fiberglass carpet tissue are used as the stabilize layer of the PVC floor and PVC carpet , So do not surprise that when you cut the PVC floor or PVC carpet, you will find that in the middle of the PVC these is a thin core layer which is fiberglass layer. The fiberglass layer absorb the PVC quickly and give the of PVC floor an even surface, efficiently avoid deforming of PVC floor and carpet. That’s why the PVC floor and carpet which used fiberglass as core layer will not be find deforming and bubble in the floor application.
- Acoustic panel: Fiberglass Board is produced with unparalleled formula and process, the fiberglass board can reach the thickness 8mm till 10mm, the one layer polyporous structure make the fiberglass board has unique combination of abuse resistance and sound absorption. At the same time, the fiberglass Board has the features of heat reservation, thermal insulation and fire-proofing. Adding the excellent features of stiffness, light weight, bendable and easy cutting, the fiberglass board is very easy and simple to be further processed and installed. All these features make the fiberglass board an ideal material to improve the acoustic environment, decrease the loss of heat and keep the building safe from fire.
- Internal wall decoration: Fiberglass facing tissue is used to cover on the surface of internal wall directly, which give the wall even surface and quality feeling. Fiberglass non-woven tape is used as joint tape for the wall boards joint connection and crack/hole repair of the wall. Coated fiberglass mat is coating the CaCO3 compound on the fiberglass mat. The coated fiberglass mat is used as redecoration mat to cover on the surface of uneven wall directly, avoided removing the decoration layer. The coated fiberglass mat is a fast and easy solution to renew the wall.
- Filtration: Fiberglass filter tissue is widely used in the field of air filtration. One of the applications is to use the fiberglass filter tissue as frame layer and primary filter layer to attach with fiberglass paper. The laminated material is the functional part of the filter element. The second filtration application is to use the fiberglass filter tissue in the environmental project to remove the VOC gas by chemical method.
- Wall boards. Fiberglass mat, polyester fiberglass mat and CaCo3 Coated fiberglass are idea covering material of wall boards. Use these material to replace the craft paper to cover on the surface of wall boards can efficiently increase the break strength of the wall boards, at same time it can give the wall boards excellent features such as water proof, fire proof, thermal insulation, mildew proof, scratch resistant and so on.
- Batteries: Fiberglass Battery Separator tissue is the go-to choice at all battery houses for being used as a separator of lead-acid batteries.
- Insulation: Fiberglass Black Tissue , Fiberglass Yellow Tissues and coated fiberglass mat are used as thermal insulation material to be use on the surface of insulation boards such as mineral wool boards and polyurethane boards, give the insulation board excellent break strength and other functional features such as fireproof and waterproof.
- Waterproof : Fiberglass roofing tissue is used as core material of bitumen membrane. Also be used as reinforce material of waterproof painting. Bitumen can impregnate the fiberglass roofing tissue quickly, fiberglass roofing tissue hold and reinforce the bitumen.
All in all, fiberglass has many uses and is known to be the most substantial choice in all industries.
Fiberglass is a glass material similar to the glass in our windows or the glasses we use to drink our favorite beverages. In modern life, the application of glass fiber can be seen everywhere. People know it differently. The best thing about fiberglass is that it is durable, unbreakable, very strong, and lightweight.
Here is the content list:
Production of glass fibers
Application of glass fiber
Sound-absorbing applications of fiberglass
From the manufacture of glass fibers, the glass is heated until it begins to melt and melt. It is then further forced through the ultrafine pores. This gives us very fine glass filaments, down to the point of being measured in microns. This is the basis of how fiberglass can serve such a variety of uses. These filament threads are flexible and can be molded into a variety of complex shapes for many different applications.
Fiberglass becomes a widely used material in all industries. In addition to being an excellent insulating material, fiberglass is also very cost-effective.
In our daily life, FRP products are used everywhere: subway bodies, auto parts, medical devices, ships, furniture, structural parts for construction and industrial projects, FRP pipes, etc. Why are the surfaces of these FRP products so flat and smooth? The use of fiberglass as the skin material for these products is a key reason.
Fiberglass panels are used in building and decorative acoustic panels. After being coated with calcium powder, it is used as the surface layer of thermal insulation materials such as PU and rock wool boards. Fiberglass board has the advantages of being fireproof, waterproof, and mildew proof, smooth surface, uniform fiber dispersion, good weather resistance, and long service life. It is an ideal acoustic decorative material for residents and public areas.
Fiberglass panels are produced with unrivaled formulations and processes, and the thickness of fiberglass panels can reach 8mm to 10mm, and a layer of porous structure gives fiberglass panels a unique combination of sound absorption. At the same time, glass fiberboard has the characteristics of heat preservation, heat preservation, and fire prevention. Coupled with the excellent properties of stiffness, lightweight, bendability, and ease of cutting, further processing, and installation of fiberglass panels are very easy and simple. All these properties make fiberglass panels an ideal material for improving the acoustic environment, reducing heat loss, and making buildings fire-resistant.
NANJING EFG, https://www.china-fiberglass.com/, is a dynamic, creative, experienced, and responsible team. Everyone on the team is committed to providing the best products and services to our customers. Our company has developed a wide range of fiberglass which are tested extensively before leaving the factory to ensure quality. As a professional manufacturer, we specialize in manufacturing the highest quality fiberglass. We have conducted a large number of tests before leaving the factory to ensure the quality. You can consider using our cost-effective products. Thank you for your time! We are looking forward you to coming!
Tel: +86 25 52270147
Fax: +86 25 58321442 / 52255211
Mob: +86 18851651909
Whatsapp: 0086 18851651909